domingo, 20 de febrero de 2011

JUANJO OLIVA - CIBELES MADRID FASHION WEEK



I had the pleasure to attend the fashion show of Juanjo Oliva at Cibeles Madrid Fashion Week.
From the second row, I could observe the different designs, colours, fabrics, and the main theme.
For this collection, Juanjo Oliva chose the theme: ''the misterious women from Hitchcock's films and the 40's and 50's''.
At the beginning, he used orange and red tweed in convex and retro clothing. Some of the models wore a mini hat using the same fabric as the garment.
The predominant colours were: orange, purple, green, black and some of them grey.
Silk was used for some blouses and dresses. I liked how Juanjo Oliva gave the leading role to the back. I find this very original and elegant as not many designers do this. Some of them looked like wings.
The main fabric was tweed, which was used in dresses, skirts or trousers.
As well, Juanjo dresses elegant women, classy and that will always be faithful to their style.
What I didn't really like was the pumpkin coloured dresses that were really baggy and not flattering at all.
Generally, I liked it but I found it too extravagant and the music was really annoying but it was my first experience at a fashion show and hopefully, not the last one!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario